On Friday 6th December, the Sixth Form took part in the annual KEHS Question Time event. A visiting panel of local politicians were grilled by questions from pupils on topics ranging from Brexit to racism, health to education. This year’s panellists were:
· Gisela Stuart – former MP for Birmingham Edgbaston (1997-2017) and Chair of the Vote Leave Campaign Committee in 2016
· Alex Yip – Conservative Councillor for Sutton Wylde Green Ward and candidate for Birmingham Edgbaston in the 2019 general election
· Lee Dargue – Lib Dem candidate for Birmingham Ladywood and West Midlands Health spokesperson for the party
· Phil Simpson – Green Party candidate for Birmingham Edgbaston
· Nick Hillman (chair) – Director of the Higher Education Policy Institute
The debate was lively and the panellists commented particularly on the students’ willingness to engage with current important issues, as well as their tenacity in their thirst for answers. With six days to go before Thursday’s General Election, in which many of the Sixth Form had their first vote, the debate could not have come at a more appropriate time. Thanks to all students who submitted questions or participated in discussions. You can see pictures from the event on our Flickr gallery.