Alongside their formal A Level studies, students in Year 13 can choose to take an Extended Project Qualification, a research project which is equivalent to half an A Level.
The EPQ develops core study skills which can contribute to a student’s all-round personal development; the most important being independence. Many universities also hold the EPQ in high regard and increasingly make offers based upon success in the qualification.
Students will be required to:
- Select an area of interest
- Create a title and aims of the project
- Plan, research and complete the project
- Deliver a presentation to a non-specialist audience
- Provide documentary evidence of all stages of the project for assessment